Hello, I have been using cocaine for the past 3

Patient: Hello, I have been using cocaine for the past 3 months and will absolutely no longer as I have a eraser size hole on one side of my septum and a smaller on on the other. They haven’t created a hole. They are indented and formed scabs that have fallen off. They have white mucus around them. Is there something I can do to help them heal? Will they continue getting worse and cause holes even without use?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to ATD.Cocaine is a vasoconstrictor which reduces the blood supply to the nasal septum. This w ill cause death of the nasal septum and cause death of the septum.If you stop cocaine use, the nasal septum will start to heal with time. The nasal septum does not heal once it is perforated. To promote healing, you should:Drink a lot of waterHave a high protein meal that is clean protein: grilled chicken, eggs and meat with little oilHave a lot of fruits and vegetables: containing lots of vitamins, try to have all color fruits (red capsicum, green leafy vegetables, apples, oranges)Have multivitamins to help with healingIf the septum does not start to thicken in 2 weeks, please see a Doctor for help. Hope this helps you. All the best.