Hello, I have bunions and I hate the site of

Q: Hello, I have bunions and I hate the site of my feet. I'm very depressed about them. I had surgery on one foot via the national health service in England but they didn't do a very good job. I went to see a specialist in London but they require 20000 English pounds to perform the surgery required as I also have 'Taylors bunion' on each foot also. My question is simply this... If I took a hammer and smashed my feet up would they repair them to look normal??

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
You have Tailor's Bunion or what is also known as metatarsalgia. This leads to enlargement of the foot.

Unfortunately, the surgery is extremely costly. But taking a hammer and smashing is not going to be helpful in any way, you will end up with fractures and moreover, you may or may not recover. So kindly do not think like that. Till it is possible for you to get it operated and you're ready financially, rely on the conservative methods like wearing bigger shoes, using extra bunion pads to relive the pain, e.t.c

I can totally get your frustration, but you need both your feet to lead a proper life. If not now, you can always get it operated in the future.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,