Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello I have had constipation for a few days now

Hello I have had constipation for a few days now

Patient: Hello. I have had constipation for a few days now. I drank lots of water, exercised every day, and ate more fiber filled foods. I tried manual disimpaction even though I am not trained and I know some of the risks. I found that there a large hardened stool blocking the anal pathway. I tried to take it apart with a gloved hand and did not succeed. There was blood on the glove and blood on some of the stool that broke off. I got tired and went to sleep, and now I cannot feel it yet my anus is mostly closed up, and there was a weird clearlike fluid on the inside… there was still a little bit of blood.. but I’m still constipated and it hurts to release flatulence. It is causing cramps. What should I do? What do you believe is going on?

Symptoms: Constipation, bleeding, bloating, cramping.

Doctor: