Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I have pretty finger nails but one of them looks very bad

Hello, I have pretty finger nails but one of them looks very bad

Patient: Hello,I have pretty finger nails but one of them looks very bad. I think its nail fungus, but I tried a lot of things to remedy it, but non of them worked. What do you suggest me to do?

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for your health query on ATD.Nail luster may be lost in a variety of conditions including use of nail cosmetics. In nail fungus the nail may be deformed, thickened or dark in color. In fungal infections, only few nails are involved except in advanced or old infection.If you want to be certain, consult a Dermatologist.Hope this helps.Wish you good health.