Hello, I have scalp tenderness and pain in one particular area

Q: Hello,

I have scalp tenderness and pain in one particular area. It is about the size of a nickel. I soaked a Q-tip in essential oils (tea tree and lavender) and rubbed it on that spot. After two applications and leaving it over night, the pain goes away but it'll come back in a week or so. There's no redness, flaking, swelling, or bumps. I do have front semi-balding on each side of my head. The spot that hurts, there are a few hairs coming out. It feels good when I apply pressure and hurts to even move my hair to the other side. I do not wear ponytails. It's usually down, low loose braid, or clipped to the side.

What's the cause of this pain and the solution?

Thank you for your time,

Hello,  I have scalp tender...-1

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor .

As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms :
1 ) Alopecia aerata- it is an autoimmune disease characterised by a patch of hair loss. It is asymptomatic condition.
2)Trichotillomania- it is a disorder in which a person unknowingly repeatedly pull the hair from one or more location resulting in hair loss with unevn hair.
I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy

Patient: Thank you for the feedback :). I will find a doctor to make an appointment with.