Hello I have some penile lesions on my foreskin which

Patient

Q: Hello. I have some penile lesions on my foreskin which are painful when I retract and urinate. I went to the doctor about 4 days ago. He took a swab and it came back as HSV1. He prescribed acyclovir and told me to make sure to keep the are clean and dry and to apply either desitin or Vaseline to help with pain. It is now day 5 and the lesions are white but still painful when I urinate and retract. When will the start to heal? Is there anything else I can do. Should I be using clotrimazole? Thanks.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
As you have been diagnosed with hsv1 infection, hence you have been rightly prescribed acyclovir tabs, ideally 800mg 4 times a day for at least 10-14 days. the lesions have turned white now, indicating that they are healing. The pain and scab formations can be soothed with vaseline alternated with lignocaine gel 0.2% daily. Keep the local area clean and do not use any soap or dettol to clean, instead you may use betadine liquid. You have to be patient and continue the medications.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Thanks. How long for the lesions to stop being so painful and heal? I know this will not happen overnight but an estimate would ease my mind.
Doctor: They should take at least 10 days once the scabs are off.
Patient: Alright. And the scabs should start forming soon as the lesion areas arena whitefish color, yes? Again thank you and sorry for all the questions.
Doctor: yes , thats right. be patient and do as advised.:)
Patient: I meant the area is a whitish color
Doctor: yu may have to wait another 5 days.
Patient: Meaning 5 days to heal or scabs to form?
Doctor: scabbing takes 8-10 days in all to form and then the pain decreases.