Hello, I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they have

Patient: Hello, I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they have both come back negative, and I am 8 days late on my period. My partner has had a vasectomy. What should I do?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, weight changes, stress and strain etc.As your partner underwent tubectomy and as your urine pregnancy test kit gave negative results, the possibility of pregnancy is less.As your menstrual period is eight days delayed, now you better consult your doctor and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.If irregularity in menstrual cycles persist, you may need through evaluation to find out the possible cause of the problem and treatment has to be taken accordingly.Take care.