Hello! I have tinea corporis Its been 2 weeks since i

Patient

Q: Hello!
I have tinea corporis. Its been 2 weeks since i started treating it with lamisil (oral use 1 per day) and travasol cream (once a day). The ringworm spots are gone but today i noticed 2 new ringworm spots. Is this normal? Can it spread from my body to my scalp???

Hello! I have tinea corpori...-1
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

In fungal infection, in present scenario course of 2 weeks is not sufficient. New resistant species of fungus have emerged which are likely to causes relapse of disease if not treated properly.
I prefer to advise topical antifungals like miconazole/sertaconazole and oral antifungals like fluconazole/terbinafine / itraconazole. The course need to be continued for 1-2 months depending on the response.
Also, the topical creams need to be continued

Hope this helps.