Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I have ulcerative colitis from many years now

Hello I have ulcerative colitis from many years now

Patient: Hello I have ulcerative colitis from many years now taking Asacol 800mg two capsules /day with 10 mg of cortisone but most of my time worried what to eat I need a programme for breakfast dinner and lunch and quantity plz thx for ur help

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The type of diet that is best for you is based on your body’s response to food. Food tha t does not cause a allergic or some such response is good for you. You should have discussed this with your Doctor.But it is still not too late, you can talk to a Doctor or see a nutritionist. There is as such no restrictions but it might help you if you avoid beans, milk and milk products and protein containing foods.Hope this helps you.