Hello I have ulcerative colitis from many years now

Patient

Q: Hello I have ulcerative colitis from many years now taking Asacol 800mg two capsules /day with 10 mg of cortisone but most of my time worried what to eat I need a programme for breakfast dinner and lunch and quantity plz thx for ur help

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The type of diet that is best for you is based on your body's response to food. Food that does not cause a allergic or some such response is good for you. You should have discussed this with your Doctor.

But it is still not too late, you can talk to a Doctor or see a nutritionist. There is as such no restrictions but it might help you if you avoid beans, milk and milk products and protein containing foods.

Hope this helps you.