Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I have very bad lower back pain

Hello I have very bad lower back pain

Patient: Hello I have very bad lower back pain, I cant leave the bathroom for more than 5 mins and when I go into the bathroom I dont need to go but when I do go I have a slight burn. I have chills even tho im under heat lights.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.All the history you have provided is suggestive of severe urinary tract infection.I wou ld advise you the following:- Blood- complete blood picture, kidney functions tests, blood sugar fasting and post-lunch,- Urine- routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity (before the start of antibiotics)- Ultrasonography of the abdomen.You need to consult a Doctor, preferably a Urologist and get started on proper antibiotics, change over if required after the report of culture and sensitivity report.Plenty of oral fluids.Review the situation regularly, and try to find out the cause.If done properly you will be fine.Wishing you an early and complete recovery