Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I just finished my menstrual cycle 2 days ago

Hello I just finished my menstrual cycle 2 days ago

Patient: Hello. I just finished my menstrual cycle two days ago but have this sharp pinching pain where what feels like would be my uterus? I have had head aches for the last 4-6 days and and very tired. I took a test this afternoon and it says I’m not pregnant. Could it be wrong or is this normal?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,The headache and abdominal ache is a part of PMS syndrome which can start a week prior menses and can last for a few days after the end of menses. If pregnancy test is negative then this is PMS. It is suggested that you keep yourself well hydrated and use hot fomentation and if required antispasmodics to counter the cramps and headaches. This shall subside in next few days normally.Regards