Hello I noticed pink mark when wiping after going to

Patient

Q: Hello
I noticed pink mark when wiping after going to the washroom . There is no hurt or urging or anything happen to me and my urine .I've been sexually active and unprotected but He never comes inside or even near me . And I just finish my peroid 15 days ago . I don't take any medicines or eat anything strange . I'm 17 this year . I just wonder can I be pregnant . If not what happen to me ? Is that serious ? Thank you

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Intermenstrual spotting can be seen due to causes like during ovulation or in other days due to hormonal imbalance, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion etc, post-coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.
According to your description there is more possibility of spotting due to hormonal imbalance.
This type of minimal spotting will subside soon usually without the need of any medication.
If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated.
By examination causes like post-coital tear, cervical erosion etc can be ruled out.
If your doctor recommends, go for ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc.
Ultrasound will help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy and also any endometrial abnormality.
Hormonal profile helps in finding out hormonal imbalance.
Then with your doctor's advice you can take treatment according to the cause of your problem.

Take care