September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I think I might have bipolar depression.

Hello, I think I might have bipolar depression.

Patient: Hello, my name is Shane. I think I might have bipolar depression. Some days I feel like I’m just really really happy but then all of a sudden I just spiral down into depression. This is been happening for about two or three weeks and I looked on the Internet for symptoms Of bipolar depression and my symptoms match the ones on the Internet. But you cannot believe everything on the Internet so that’s why I come to a doctor. By the way I’m 12

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.The phases of depression and mania in bipolar disord ers are pervasive states and mostly not the brief phases. Your symptoms do suggest that you require a detailed assessment of the history for bipolar disorders. There is no specific blood or radiological tests to diagnose bipolar disorder and the same can be done only with a good quality history.Do meet your doctor and give all the details and get yourself evaluated in detail for bipolar mood disorder.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health