Hello I took a pregnancy test on Monday and was positive.

Q: Hello. I took a pregnancy test on Monday and was positive. I got my levels checked for a few days. Monday my beta was 29. Tuesday it was 34. Thursday it was 33 and today it was 37. Does that mean it's a miscarriage? If so, why are the numbers still rising slowly? I was told that my progesterone and estradiol are excellent.

A:   Hi,

Thanks for the query at ATD.

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

Usually in pregnancy initially hcg level get doubled. But in your case having low hcg may indicate miscarriage or it could be a normal finding. So just wait and watch for foetal heart to appear.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck

Patient: Thank you for answering me but it wasn't really that useful because I already knew it was either a miscarriage or normal. I guess it would be helpful if you were able to tell me if you have ever seen or heard of hcg levels staying in the same range going into the 3rd week of pregnancy and becoming a normal pregnancy. I'm just really nervous and don't know what is going on.
Doctor: Hi,

If you are not having any other symptoms of miscarriage like abdominal pain, bleeding and vomiting etc.than most likely it is a normal pregnancy.

Hope one it is more clear to you.
Good luck.