Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello, I wanted to ask something about sleep-deprivation I a

Hello, I wanted to ask something about sleep-deprivation I a

Patient: Hello, I wanted to ask something about sleep-deprivation. I am 14-years old and in my whole life, I think I have only pulled off 2-3 all nighters. And honestly, my sleeping hours are very less. 6-7 hours. Is THAT really bad for my health? Also, can I make-up for lost sleep? Well not necessarily ‘make-up’ but can I at least get my body to recharge up a bit? If yes, how? It would also help if I received some tips on how to fall asleep better/easier. THANK YOU. p.s. I’m not an insomniac at all.

Symptoms: A few chest pains, the normal sleep-deprivation symptoms but not to a big extent.

Doctor: