Hello, I was diagnosed with scoliosis I can't remember which

Patient

Q: Hello, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. I can't remember which type. But you cannot really tell I have it by looking at me. I have mild pain daily. It gets more severe if I stand or sit too long. It seems like I get a pinched nerve often, in the middle of my back. Last night, I bent down to tuck in my daughter and the nerve pinched. Usually, it goes away within a few hours. However, I would still rate my pain at about an 8 out of 10, with 1 being the lowest. I was born with unilateral renal agenesis and do not have my left kidney. So, it is not my kidney. How can I fix this or at least ease the pain some?

Symptoms:  Severe back pain, to the left of where the spine should be, in the middle section of my back above kidney area. The pain gets worse with movement. My legs and feet don't seem to have full sense of feeling.
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is L5-S1 Radiculopathy.
This is very common is people suffering from scoliosis as a result of mis aligned curvature.
I would advise you to get a MRI lumbo-sacral spine done. Also you should get Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels, ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.
For pain i advise following:
1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in long term.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy