Hello! I was given a uv nail lamp for Christmas

Patient : Hello! I was given a uv nail lamp for Christmas but haven't used it did to me thinking the uv rays could be harmful to my skin. Id appreciate a medical professionals opinion - thanks in advance
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Technically, UV rays can cause damage to the DNA and the cells leading to cancers and so me diseases. These are rare, but there is still a theoretical possibility. I would not recommend its use unless really needed. Also, do not use it for too long a time. I hope this helps you. All the best.