Hello I was involved in a motor accident dec 15

Patient

Q: Hello I was involved in a motor accident dec 15 2014. Stopped in traffic I was struck from behind by a rig doing 100kms I had ct scans X-ray showing nothing broken but MRI showing bulging disks from high lumbar to tail bone the pain radiates from high lumbar to my shin on my right legg I have problems urinating and bowel movements ever since and have self catheridise as per instruction and it's been just about 6 months and the pain is worse with less activity and meds being my only support and fear for my future

Symptoms:  Pain from high lumbar to right shin sharp pain to numbness problems bowel movements and physical activity extremely hard a major loss in sex drive
Doctor

A:   Hi.

Understood the history of a hit behind you by a speeding rig on 15 th Dec 2014. This resulted in bulging disks from high lumbar to tail bone the pain radiates from high lumbar to shin on my right leg and have problems urinating and bowel movements ever since and have self-catheterise as per instruction. You also have hardness in physical activity and major loss in Sex drive.

Since you are a diagnosed case of prolapsed discs, you should have undergone the surgery to correct the defects immediately so that there was a chance of recovery. Now also there is a chance of recovery as it is only 6 months and the nervous system takes 9 months of recovery.
So consult another Neurosurgeon, accept the facts, say so to him and get operated if you both are willing. This is the only hope.
Till then you can try alternative therapy in the form of acupuncture, yoga and all.

Hope this helps you.