Hello, I was lifting a heavy box 24 hours ago

Patient : Hello, I was lifting a heavy box 24 hours ago and tried to put it up on the closet. I used to do this before and nothing happened but yesterday I felt a sharp pain in the center part of my back. Immediately i stopped lifting the box and stood for a while. I started walking and slowly the pain started to spread all over the Upper Left side of my back, nothing on the lower or right side. It's been a day and the pain is still there. I cannot make fast movements or turn around without pain. When i sit in the same position for a while, it stops but starts to hurt again. What do you think it is and what can i do for treatment?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have injured your back. This is causing the pain in the back and strain of it. Please try RICE therapy to help you: Rest the back. Avoid exercise and lifting heavy weights Ice the back for 15 mins at a time every hour for 3 to 4 times a day Compressing the back is not possible. Please try a massage instead Elevating the back is also tough. But you can try lying on your front Hope this helps you. All the best.