Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello , I was outside with my dog and his

Hello , I was outside with my dog and his

Patient: Hello , I was outside with my dog and his leash got wrapped around my foot while he went full speed down the hill… I fell right on my shoulder I’m not sure if my color bone is sticking out or if it’s dislocated.there is some pain when I sit down and rest it and my upper arm hurts.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The falling injury can cause any problem.Please check if you can have normal movements of your shoulder.Report to ER or to Orthopedic Surgeon if there is :- Restricted function,-Local selling.- Local tenderness.- Local Bruising.- Deformity.It is always better to get an X-ray done as some fractures may be missed on clinical examination.I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment.