Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I was wondering about the psychology of professional athletes

Hello, I was wondering about the psychology of professional athletes

Patient: Hello, I was wondering about the psychology of professional athletes touching, patting, and/or slapping each other on the buttocks. Is this behavior considered homosexual?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Especially in a sport, with such high adrenaline, this things are considered to be friendly gestures and definitely not homosexual.When we have an adrenaline rush while, at the time of playing, any kind of success makes us do all these things which are just friendly gestures.Hope this was helpful,Regards.