Hello I was wondering if a pregnancy blood test can be wrong?

Patient : Hello I was wondering if a pregnancy blood test can be wrong? my hcg said 2 bit ive been passing home pregnancy tests and im so confused!
Hello I was wondering if a ...-1
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query at ATD. If your blood beta hcg is showing 2 it means you are not pregnant. If your bl ood beta hcg is more than 5 than you are pregnant. What you want to ask about urine pregnancy test is it showing positive. The both the test are positive or negative due to hcg in urine and blood. So kindly send me your reports and your last menstrual period date so I will be able to guide you properly. Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information. Good luck. Regards

Patient: did you see the picture I sent? my stomach is even hard. I have every sign and have had alot of positive hpts
Patient: I have been so tired too. I have swollen feet. My stomach is even growing. I have never gone through this before. what's going on?!
Patient: they also said I had a tender salpinx. my last cycle was 12.5.15. ive had in and off random bleeding tho but its not like a period. i read when there is not enough hcg in your body u can have some bleeding which could cause a negative pregnancy test when you in fact are pregnant. When I was at the er they said I had a scant amount of bloody discharge in my posterior cavity. I have had only one blood test done. I did it when I would be 18 weeks pregnant. I only went to the dr twice and that's the only test I had. I just need answers please and thank you. I also had protein in my urine. I am on a lot of meds. Is there anything that can get in the way of detecting pregnancy. I can also hear the heartbeat and placenta with my fetal doppler. Also when my mom was pregnant she didn't know until she was 6 month s along. Could it be genetic. I take depakote, zoloft, im on chertussin ac often because my lungs are bad. I have a history of heavy periods but always have been regular. I have changed nothing and am quite healthy. Sorry for the length in this but I need answers and no one is helping!
Patient: my salpinx is enlarged also.
Patient: I also have a flipped uterus
Doctor: Hi,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
I have gone through your history in detail and in my opinion as your beta hcg test are negative there is very less chance of pregnancy.

To confirm whether you are pregnant or not you just get your ultrasound pelvic to rule out pregnancy and other causes of positive pregnancy test.

Because at 18 weeks it is clear by ultrasound very clearly.

You have not missed your period because you had your period 9 days back.

But I think you are suffering from urine infection or pelvic inflammatory disease.

Please let me know about your ultrasound reports.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Patient: if I were pregnant why would it not show up?? what can cause false negative blood tests? or false negatives in general??
Doctor: Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Beta blood hcg testing is more confirmatory test for pregnancy rather than UPT.

But in your case if it is false negative than the reason behind it very low levels of hcg in blood or in circulation.

Usually false negative are less in case of blood beta hcg testing.

Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Patient: thanks. So you can have low levels of circulation in the blood and still be pregnant? because I still am having signs and my stomach is hard and getting bigger.
Doctor: Hi,
Yesit is possible but better get your ultrasound to rule out the cause.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Patient: thanks!! appreciate all the info
Doctor: Hope this helps. Wishing you good health,
Patient: thanks! ill keep you posted
Doctor: Hi,

You are welcome.
Good luck.