Hello if i have meniscus tear on my left leg for over 5 years, leg became sore.

Patient

Q: Hello i have a question well my question is if i have a meniscus tear on my left leg for over 5 years and a few days a go my whole left leg became sored out of no where. What might be the cause of this soreness on just one leg and not the other?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to ATD.

Since you have a meniscal tear, you only have soreness in one leg because only one leg is injured.

Because the torn meniscus will cause increased pressure in the leg. The increased pressure in the joint of the leg.

The increased pressure will cause compression of the nerves and thus cause soreness of numbness of the leg.

You need to talk to a Doctor to reach a diagnosis and treatment. I hope this helps you.