Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello im 18 years old and I took a plan

Hello im 18 years old and I took a plan

Patient: Hello im 18 years old and I took a plan b pill about a week ago. I’ve been having sex but using a condom. Today I noticed a light period that looks like how it looks at the end of my period. Is this normal from the pill? Or something else?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.It depends on at what time o f your cycle was the plan b consumed.If it was after ovulation has occurred, it can cause infrequent spotting before your actual periods.Sometimes it can cause immediate bleeding following the consumption of the pill as it can delay the ovulation and withdrawal of hormones happen due to the pill leading to bleeding.Since you had been using a condom, you should not worry.Hope this was helpful,Regards