Hello I'm 30 weeks pregnant baby number 5

Patient

Q: Hello I'm 30 weeks pregnant baby number 5 and I had a pelvic exam last week and Dr said my cervix is very soft is that a chance of early labor ?

Doctor

At 30 weeks pregnancy, when you are a fifth gravida, the cervix is likely to be patulous keeping in mind your previous vaginal deliveries. The incidence or likelihood of a preteen labour can be decided upon the cervical length and not the consistency. If the cervical length is less than 25mm now, then chances are bright that preteen labour may exist, else if more than 25mm, then its safe. So please get a transvaginal ultrasound done and check for the cervical length first before contemplating an early delivery.

Hope this helps.