Hello I'm 38 years old and for the last 12

Q: Hello. I'm 38 years old and for the last 12 years I've been struggling with constant dizziness. I have a huge thyroid node (8 cm) and it has been the same size for the last 12 years. During this period of time I had no symptoms except for constant dizziness. Not a rotating dizziness but I feel like being in a boat all the time, or like fainting. Could these symptoms be because my huge node is pressing on my carotide arthritis? THANK YOU

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your history of dizziness like ''being in a boat all the time'', or like fainting and a huge thyroid nodule in the neck for the last 12 years.
You are absolutely right in your assumption. Since the nodule is large, present in the neck over the Carotid artery, this is expected as a cause of your symptoms unless proved otherwise.
The simplest test of ultrasonography and color doppler can give us the correct diagnosis, supplemented with MRI, Angiography and related tests.
I think removal of such a larger thyroid should be your priority.

I hope this answer helps you.