Hello I'm a 16 year old girl that started my

Patient

Q: Hello. I'm a 16 year old girl that started my period completely normally a few years a go. On the 9/4/15 I began the contraceptive pill. I began my period the day before (8/4/15). However, I am still on my period (today is the 16/4/15). Is this normal?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

If the period is heavy and is still happening for more than 7 days. If the bleeding is severe, then you should see a Doctor to help you.

You may be given some pills to stop the bleeding. You should also get checked for some diseases. Causes can be Infection of the uterus, ovarian problems and injury. The Doctor will help you with the treatment.

Hope this helps you. All the best.