Hello, I'm a 19 year old girl and I can't

Q: Hello, I'm a 19 year old girl and I can't exactly ask my mom this. But I would like to know what about sex besides pregnancy can effect a period. For example I became sexually active a few months back and sense then my periods became a lot lighter and started later than normal. I've heard that sex can both delay and help start a period. I just want to know what is correct and if this because of sex or something else about my body.

A:   Hi.

I can understand the difficulty in asking such questions to your Mother.
You can very well understand that sex is all hormonal and a process of thoughts will and wishes.
Everything is driven by the hormonal changes.
If you think in other ways sex too brings about lots of changes in hormones which in turn change the cycles and anything related to the it.
So stop worrying. Take this as a normal physiological changes. And carry on.

Hope this helps you.