Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I’m a 32 year old athletic male My wife 29

Hello I’m a 32 year old athletic male My wife 29

Patient: HelloI’m a 32 year old athletic maleMy wife 29 and I are going to start a family this yearMy question is is it safe for me to continue to use over the counter sports supplements (protein amino acids creatine and multi vitamins ) while we are trying to get pregnant?Thanks

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, you can continue taking protein supplements and it does not affect the fertility or pregnancy in anyway. It is just a way to increase or build your muscle mass. So you can go ahead and continue using them.Hope this was helpful,Regards.