Hello I'm a 45 year old man I am having trouble urinating

Patient

Q: Hello I'm a 45 year old man. I am having trouble urinating but I am not in pain, it just isn't happening. What could be the issue?
Thank you

Symptoms:  Difficulty urinating
Doctor

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood that you are a male of 46-55 age-group and having the trouble urinating - without pain.

The commonest causes of such a problem are:
- Prostate enlargement, this is the one gland that the males only have at the neck of the urinary bladder.
- Stricture or narrowing of the urethra in its length.
- long standing Stone in the passage

The cause can be diagnosed by the following:
Clinical evaluation and actual per-rectal examination by a General Surgeon or Urologist.
- Test of blood particularly PSA for prostate
- Ultrasonography examination.

Please get all these things done to confirm the cause and get the plan for further management.