Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I’m a 45 year old man I am having trouble urinating

Hello I’m a 45 year old man I am having trouble urinating

Patient: Hello I’m a 45 year old man. I am having trouble urinating but I am not in pain, it just isn’t happening. What could be the issue?Thank you

Symptoms: Difficulty urinating

Doctor: HI.Thanks for your query.Read and understood that you are a male of 46-55 age-group and having the trouble urinati ng – without pain.The commonest causes of such a problem are:- Prostate enlargement, this is the one gland that the males only have at the neck of the urinary bladder.- Stricture or narrowing of the urethra in its length.- long standing Stone in the passageThe cause can be diagnosed by the following:Clinical evaluation and actual per-rectal examination by a General Surgeon or Urologist.- Test of blood particularly PSA for prostate- Ultrasonography examination.Please get all these things done to confirm the cause and get the plan for further management.