Hello I'm a first time mother I'm only 6 weeks

Patient : Hello I'm a first time mother. I'm only 6 weeks and the bottom of my stomach is really having sharp pains come and go. What should I do?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Any pain in the abdomen, especially cramps during any time of pregnancy must not be ign ored. Early pregnancy is a very intricate period and you need a lot of care. Cramps during early weeks are normal but if it is severe, it may indicate an impending miscarriage. Hormonal imbalance could be a cause for it. Urinary tract infection could be a contributory cause. Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and an ultrasound to check the status of the pregnancy and detect the cause for the cramps. You may need hormonal support like progesterone injections and complete bed rest. Drink plenty of water and avoid strenuous activities. Hope this helped. Regards