Hello, I’m Adriana, I just received MRI results of my

Patient: Hello, I’m Adriana, I just received MRI results of my brain, I’m 40 yrs old, suffer from migraines, tension headaches, pain in back of my neck and shoulder, mildly elevated prolactin levels 34, anxiety and depression, blurred vision specially in one eye. All symptoms started together 3 years ago. Just got MRI results back and says there is no visible tumor in pituitary, but occasional foci of high flair t2 signal within the peri ventricular and subcortical white matter which have a broad differential including small vessel ischemia. Possible demyelinating process based on this examination

Symptoms: Numb arms and hands at night, depression, anxiety, weight gain, tingly sensation in arms and legs, occasionally I feel very dizzy.

Doctor: HelloThanks for writing to us.I have read your case and can understand your situation.The symptoms mentioned by yo u and MRI reports indicate you have possible demyelinating disease with migraine and depression.It is important for you to show to neurologist for demyelinating disease as treatment and main diagnosis would be based on clinical signs evaluated by doctor. Blurred vision further warrants urgent consultation. He would probably start you with anticoagulants and lipid lowering drugs and get you evaluated by ophthalmologist too.For migraines, tension headaches and depression, various options could be started as SSRIs like Escitalopram, Sertraline etc or SNRIs like Venlafaxine, Duloxetine etc. This treatment again would require evaluation by psychiatrist/ trained professional/neurologist.So it is advisable for you to get clinically evaluated so that your treatment gets started soon.Hope this helpsFeel free to write backRegards