Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I’m believed to be 7 weeks pregnant

Hello I’m believed to be 7 weeks pregnant

Patient: Hello I’m believed to be 7 weeks pregnant, and I started bleeding heavily and cramping also some clots. what could this mean? I’m very scared because I did not think I could get pregnant after my abortion in 2013

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you had confirmed pregnancy and were 7 weeks into pregnancy before you got bleeding per vaginum in form of clots indicate that you suffered from threatened abortion. It is necessary that a ultrasound be done transvaginally to check for viability of pregnancy and to establish complete abortion if at all. Please visit your Physician for an evaluation and ultrasound to allay your anxiety as well. If there are products of conception remaining and you are bleeding heavy, then you may have to undergo a D& C to complete abortion.Hope this helps.Regards