Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello, I’m currently seeking help as my own doctor can’t

Hello, I’m currently seeking help as my own doctor can’t

Patient: Hello, I’m currently seeking help as my own doctor can’t come up with any help for me which is becoming quite annoying. I am 30 years of age and I have suffered from a severe prolapsed disc for 15 year now. 2 year ago I had a discopothy which skipped the disc putting me bed ridden for some time and on high morphine based medication. Over the last 16 months the disc has managed to make its way back out again leaving me unable to work sometimes and can’t carry out day to day activities. I’ve been on oramorth for the past year as this is the only medication that seems to take the pain away. Over the years I have found that when I have lost a bit of weight my back seems to be ok and I can manage things. However, I am severely struggling to lose weight, I’ve tried every diet plan and exercise as much as I can but I can only only swim for a short period due to my back. This is becoming a struggle for me as I’m becoming really upset by the weight and need it to shift in order for me to mend my back and to be able to do exercise. Is there anything that can help me ? Prescribed medication ?

Symptoms: Prolapsed disc weight loss

Doctor: