Hello I’m only 17 years of age I’ve recently gotten

Patient: Hello I’m only 17 years of age. I’ve recently gotten off the birth control shot after February. I was taking it because of abnormal periods but they stopped. I haven’t gotten my period in months, and I haven’t been sexually active since my shot has expired. And I am not showing signs of pregnancy anyway….. But It also hurts when I push down on my left lower abdomen side. Please give me your opinion!

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your history the possibility of pregnancy is l ess as you mentioned.Pain at left lower abdomen can be seen in due to many causes like gastrointestinal infections, constipation, ovulation, onset of menstruation etc.Mild pain can be relieved by simple analgesics.If the pain is severe, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.Clinical examination and ultrasound help in finding out the cause of the problem and treatment can be taken accordingly.Take care.