Hello, I'm recently started taking the pill right on the

Patient

Q: Hello, I'm recently started taking the pill right on the first day of my period , but I 've last had unprotected sex could I be pregnant

Doctor

If you have started the contraceptive pill on the day 1 of your cycle and you have been regular on it, then the pills effective and shall prevent ovulation during the cycle. So even if you had unprotected intercourse and the ejaculate was ejaculated inside the vagina, there are no chances of conception in the absence of ovum or the egg. Hence, you are pregnancy safe.
I hope I have addressed your concern in detail,

Wishing you good health and safe sexual practices.
Regards.