Hello In my line of work i occasionaly have to examine

Q: Hello.

In my line of work i occasionaly have to examine explanted devices (mainly catheters). Earlier today i was examining a catheter with dried blood on it. When touching the device i always wore gloves. After touching the device i then wrote some things down with my pen. I then foolishly put the pen in my mouth.

I was wondering what the chances of hiv/hep contamination were. I informed my work but they didnt consider it a risk.

Sone background, i have my hep b innoculation, the patient (the catheter was removed from) was an 81 year old male and the catheter had been stored for 4 weeks (at room temperature) prior to me touching it.

Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

Symptoms:  None