Hello It seems as if I have an ingrown hair

Patient: Hello. It seems as if I have an ingrown hair maybe, For the past month or so. I’ve had these red dots on my pubic area. Im only 17, I am sexually active but it’s no disease because I was checked 3 months ago and I’m fine. I don’t see any hairs in them. And I do shave down there.

Hello It seems as if I have...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.It seems that you are suffering from a condition call ed Folliculitis. It is bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area.If severe, oral antibiotics are also given like cloxacillin.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.