Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I’ve been having really bad headache for 3-4days strai

Hello I’ve been having really bad headache for 3-4days strai

Patient: Hello I’ve been having really bad headache for 3-4days straight now with some dizzyness, also feeling tired most of the time, I’m a woman,had my period like 3weeks ago…

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Such headaches with fatigue, exhaustion are mostly due to eithe r Migraine or Tension Headache. You back pain might be just an associated but unrelated symptom.The Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia while Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head , band like sensation over the head with sleeping difficulties. Drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitryptilline are used in treatment of Migraine.Tension Headaches are treated with Amitryptilline, Escitalopram with behavioral modification treatment.If on examination your doctor feels that the headache requires evaluation, he will get you a MRI done.For back pain, you should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply diclofenac ointment locally.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy