Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello Me and my boyfriend had protected sex two times

Hello Me and my boyfriend had protected sex two times

Patient: HelloMe and my boyfriend had protected sex two times the same month and I got my period is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Since you got periods after the play you had, you are safe. This is only in the case if you got your periods after the last intercourse you had. Pregnancy tests done by urine kit at home usually get positive only after 10 days of missing the periods.So, chances of getting pregnancy are almost nil as you have got your periods few days after having the play.I would advise you to be cautious next time and to use protection while having any sexual activity.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.