Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello me and my girlfriend were having sex

Hello me and my girlfriend were having sex

Patient: Hello me and my girlfriend were have sex and with a condom and I noticed after I had like small tears or abrasions on the tip of my penis which I’m assuming was from to much friction during so my question is how should I treat this

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Small cuts or tears are common after rough sex without any lube.This automatically heals on its own, provided you abstain from intercourse for at least 3-4 days. If you do have intercourse, please use enough lubricant to avoid further injury.You can apply Mupirocin ointment 2-3 times daily after consulting your physician but it is really not required as these injuries heal on their own.Hope this was helpful,Regards