Hello my 72 year old mother has within the past two months.

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello my 72 year old mother has within the past two months.

Patient: Hello my 72 year old mother has within the past two months developed what appears to be some bruising on her leg near her ankle. She went to a dermatologist and he told her it was just varicose veins. But this looks very different to me than that, it is circular bruising and she says she doesn’t remember hitting her leg. I can provide a picture on request.s thanks in advance for any help.

Hello my 72 year old mother...-1 Hello my 72 year old mother...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for posting your query at ATD.I understand your concern, your doctor is correct in saying that the lesion is due to varicose veins or leakage of blood vessels. For the condition there is no role of increased weight.Small discoloration is due to extrusion of blood from vessel undergoes degeneration.If she has more skin lesions then please attach the images for further evaluation.Wish you good health and feel free to discuss further.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No