Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, my girlfriend has been diagnosed with HPV and

Hello, my girlfriend has been diagnosed with HPV and

Patient: Hello, my girlfriend has been diagnosed with HPV and told me to get vaccinated. I went ahead with the vaccination and found out that it has 3 separate vaccines over the course of 6 months. We’ve been trying to have sex with condoms recently, but this has led to disappointing sexual experiences. I had the first vaccine 2 weeks ago, which takes me to my question; how far in the vaccination process could I have unprotected sex without running the risk of infection? Can I do it now, 2 weeks after the first vaccine? Or should I wait till the second or third vaccine?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You can have a sexual intercourse unprotected after 2 weeks of the vaccination is don e. However, protected intercourse is still safe up to 6 months of vaccine completion.Hope this helped.Regards