Hello, my girlfriend is in her fertile week

Patient

Q: Hello, my girlfriend is in her fertile week, two days ago things got heated up and even though we didn't have intercourse, I was rubbing my penis around her vagina I had cummed before and I cleaned myself but we are concerned about the precum so she took plan B with in 6 hours of the situation and now she's having serverical mucus and we are not sure if it's because of the plan B or if it's her ovulating. Is there a chance of her being pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Thanks for your question.

Deposition of even precum can cause pregnancy.
Plan B One-Step can reduce the risk of pregnancy by up to 89% If taken it within 72 hours after unprotected sex and about 95% effective if taken within 24 years. So your girlfriend has a fair chance of avoiding pregnancy. But you should know that Plan B One-Step is not as effective as regular contraception. So don't take it as your main form of birth control. And, it does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases as well. Also it does not stop development of a fetus once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. To be absolutely sure, you may get her take a pregnancy test.

Hope this helps.