Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, my knee feels uncomfortable when i walk but i

Hello, my knee feels uncomfortable when i walk but i

Patient: Hello, my knee feels uncomfortable when i walk but i have a brace on it got a little better but its not all gone. i dance but i havent since it started hurting. The area below my knee cap mildly hurts. any clue of what might be wrong?

Symptoms: Uncomfortable knee, mild pain near the bottom of my knee cap

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think y ou should rule out two possibilities looking to your age. One is tendinitis of patellar tendon. treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Second possibility is vitamin D deficiency You can get vitamin D level and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3. Another possibility is osgood schlatter disease which is apophysitis of tibial tubercle. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. You can further investigate by MRI of knee joint. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.