Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello my question is about discharge while im not on

Hello my question is about discharge while im not on

Patient: Hello my question is about discharge while im not on my menstrual cycle i get lots of discharge and it gets really annoying is there anyways i could decrease the amount

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Vaginal discharge can increase physiologically during condi tions like ovulatoty period, premenstrual period etc.If you are not having symptoms like itching, smell etc, more possibly the discharge you are having could be physiological discharge.Taking bath and changing inner wear twice a day, using cotton inner wear, avoiding prolonged sitting, constipation etc can decrease the discharge.If itching, smell etc symptoms develop associated with discharge,possibility of infection should be suspected.In that case, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.Take care