Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Hello, my question is for a pulmonologist About a week

Hello, my question is for a pulmonologist About a week

Patient: Hello, my question is for a pulmonologist.About a week ago I went to the ER and had to have a chest X ray as I was having what felt like difficultly breathing. All other tests ran came back good except I was told the chest x ray showed a small nodule on my lung. The doctor didn’t seem too worried about it and recommended the only ‘treatment’ needed was to follow up in about 6 months with my doctor to take another chest x ray to see if it has grown at all showing more of a threat. I did my own independent research and am surprised to see this could be the start of a potential cancer growth/if it is infact that. Of course it could be benign as well as that seems fairly common however I wanted a proffessional specialists opinion on the matter as I don’t want to have any issues in which I am kicking myself in the butt for not taking care of a problem while it was nothing and instead waiting for it to have the possibility to become *something*. All and any feedback is appreciated. (For reference, I am a 28yr old female, non smoker -previously smoked for a few years in my teens but not anymore-, no known medical conditions, semi overweight). Thanks.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Solitary lung nodule requires evaluation for it’s cause.I t can be a benign nodule , tubercular nodule, Pneumonia, a lymph node or can be malignancy.If you would have attached the Chest X-Ray I would have got a better idea.We usually treat such cases with a short course antibiotic followed by CT scan of Chest and CT guided FNAC of the lung nodule.The histopathological examination would reveal what it is actually.Treatment would be accordingly.I hope it helps you.If you have any further query, please ask me.

View all posts