Hello, my question is for a pulmonologist About a week

Patient : Hello, my question is for a pulmonologist. About a week ago I went to the ER and had to have a chest X ray as I was having what felt like difficultly breathing. All other tests ran came back good except I was told the chest x ray showed a small nodule on my lung. The doctor didn't seem too worried about it and recommended the only 'treatment' needed was to follow up in about 6 months with my doctor to take another chest x ray to see if it has grown at all showing more of a threat. I did my own independent research and am surprised to see this could be the start of a potential cancer growth/if it is infact that. Of course it could be benign as well as that seems fairly common however I wanted a proffessional specialists opinion on the matter as I don't want to have any issues in which I am kicking myself in the butt for not taking care of a problem while it was nothing and instead waiting for it to have the possibility to become *something*. All and any feedback is appreciated. (For reference, I am a 28yr old female, non smoker -previously smoked for a few years in my teens but not anymore-, no known medical conditions, semi overweight). Thanks.
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Solitary lung nodule requires evaluation for it's cause. I t can be a benign nodule , tubercular nodule, Pneumonia, a lymph node or can be malignancy. If you would have attached the Chest X-Ray I would have got a better idea. We usually treat such cases with a short course antibiotic followed by CT scan of Chest and CT guided FNAC of the lung nodule. The histopathological examination would reveal what it is actually. Treatment would be accordingly. I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.