Hello My question is regarding my periods I have been

Patient

Q: Hello. My question is regarding my periods. I have been on my period every single day for the past year and one month. I had 4 days in this time where my period stopped, and in these four days I experienced cramps. Which I never get when I am on my period. I went to the doctors and they did an internal ultrasound and said that my womb lining was very very thick. Do you know what might cause this? Please help me. I'm so desperate for some help from somebody

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

What you are talking about seems to be polymenorrhagia. This is when there is a lot hormone imbalance. When there is severe bleeding and the medication does not stop the bleeding, then the Doctor will do surgery to stop the bleeding.

The surgery will involve removing the uterus to stop the bleeding. This is the last resort and is only done to prevent getting excessive bleeding.

Hope this helps you. All the best.