Hello my question is what would the effect Be if

Patient

Q: Hello my question is what would the effect Be if mother during pre Rh positive but her fetus is Rh negative? would it be the same as if the mother was Rh negative and the fetus was Rh positive?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

If the mother is Rh Positive and the fetus is negative, then nothing will happen. However, if the case is otherwise, the fetal Rh Positive cells will pass on to the maternal circulation. The mother's serum will treat this as foreign cells and produce antibodies against it. In this case for subsequent pregnancies, the antibodies present in mother's blood will cause hemolysis in the fetus. Hence, Rh typing is mandatory.

Hope this was helpful,