Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello My wife just had an early period (one day

Hello My wife just had an early period (one day

Patient: Hello. My wife just had an early period (one day prior her expected day on her cycle) however his on only lasted one day and after that nothing for the last 2 days. Could she be pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.it is unlikely that this could be due to a pregnancy as the bleeding has occurred durin g the expected period date, one day early is still acceptable.However, since the bleeding was only for a day, we need to rule out causes like anemia, thyroid disorders, stress, hormonal imbalance, etc.However, you can get a pregnancy test done to be reassured.Consult a gynecologist for treatment and investigations.Hope this helped.Regards